Perfect Food For Warm Weather – Gazpacho!
By Kristen Lamarre
This is one of my favorite meals once the weather warms up! It’s so refreshing to have as lunch or dinner outside in the grass, usually with a nice cold beer! This dish is also super easy and requires no oven or stove or anything as well! You basically chuck a bunch of ingredients in the food processor and whiz that around, let it hang out in the fridge for a little while then its done. It’s a perfect go to for those hot days when you can’t make yourself turn the hot appliances. This is seriously so good and so refreshing! Perfect for the warm summer weather! As always, let me know if you make this! (Read more from Kristen’s food blog at http://www.beetsandbarefeet.com)
Ingredients / Serves 4-6
- 4 large tomatoes chopped (make sure they are fresh and really ripe!)
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 1 large english cucumber chopped
- 1/2 a red onion chopped
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 11.5 oz cans tomato juice (you would use 23-24 oz any type of tomato juice you choose, I personally like just plain tomato juice.)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the chopped veggies together
- In a food processor add the tomato juice and garlic and process until smooth.
- Add 3/4 of the mixed chopped veggies and the red wine vinegar and the cilantro and pulse until chopped small but still a little chunky. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste, I usually end up adding 1/2-1 teaspoon of each.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, the longer the more the flavors meld and the better it tastes.
- To serve top with some of the reserved mixed chopped veggies, some more cilantro. I love serving it with crusty bread topped with avocado.