April 30, 2020
When RCY Reopens…
When the state finally allows non-essential businesses to reopen, we do plan to begin offering classes again, but it will be a slow process and will come with some conditions.
First, I am *not* sure we will reopen the physical space if everyone is required to wear masks. As deep breathing is a key element of any Yoga practice, wearing a mask may impede the teachers and students from being able to do proper and beneficial yogic breathing. This is still something we are exploring.
Second, when we do reopen, we will likely begin with a very sparse in-studio schedule and will continue offering our online classes as well as we understand there may be those who are not comfortable with the in-person class gathering format.
Third, we will be implementing these health and safety precautions (this is not a final list, but it starts here):
- There will be no in-studio payments – students will need to make all purchases online (even for retail items)
- Very small class sizes will be required to allow for 6 feet between students/teacher
- Pre-registration will be required for in-studio classes by 1 hour before class. No drop-ins.
- No water cooler usage – students will need to bring their own water
Best practices will be used for overall cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Students will need to bring all their own props – we will not be loaning our studio props out at all for an indefinite period of time.
- Students will need to bring and wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth
- All entering the studio will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering
- We will be asking anyone with any health symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19 to refrain from coming into the studio.
- We will be asking that anyone who has had direct exposure with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 to refrain from coming into the studio unless they have gone through a 14-day isolation period.
Please stay tuned as we will be keeping the RCY community updated. I suggest you follow our FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/RevolutionCommunityYoga/
Join our mailing list as this is the main way we communicate with members:
Please direct questions or comments to RCY’s Assistant Studio Manager, Jenny Meshna, at email@example.com
March 12, 2020
IMPORTANT: Closing RCY Temporarily
Dear RCY Community,
I have made the gut-wrenching decision to temporarily close RCY as of tonight, Thursday, March 12th, after the last class ends. Plan on the studio being closed through March 31st. We will assess reopening at that time.
I can’t in good conscience provide a space where teachers and students (and those who they come in contact with) are put at risk if they attend a class. We can make all our best efforts to sanitize the studio (and we have!), but we can’t guarantee that will keep anyone safe from this virus. It is my responsibility as the studio owner to take appropriate action that makes our community members’ health the #1 priority.
We will be working diligently to figure out the best way to offer some on-line classes during this temporary closure. Thank you in advance for your patience as we chart new territories, I will be in touch just as soon as the details are ironed out… hopefully in short order!
In the meanwhile, we will of course suspend all monthly auto-renew accounts, and the expiration dates on class packages will be extended appropriately.
Please reach out to me with questions, concerns, or for anything at all.
March 10, 2020
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Information from RCY
1) We will be phasing out the use of *all* studio props over the next week. This includes: Yoga Mats, Blocks, Straps, Blankets, Bolsters, Eye Pillows, etc… from now on until further notice.
2) We recommend you bring to class your own: yoga mat, strap, blocks, a large towel (in lieu of a blanket), a pillow (in lieu of a bolster), and anything else you’d like. We will have some items for sale at the studio, and you can also purchase your owns props at reasonably low costs at places like TJ Maxx, Target, or on line at places like Yoga Direct (https://www.yogadirect.com/)
3) If you are sick with any type or severity of symptom, please do not come in for class. You can read more about COVID-19 symptoms at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html and https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
4) Thoroughly wash/sanitize your hands before and after class, and practice the basic protective measures noted on the World Health Organization web site: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
5) Door knobs and other commonly-touched hard surfaces will be disinfected at least twice daily. We also have a supply of disinfectant sprays, disinfectant wipes, and other cleaners available for use at the studios.
6) Until further notice, teachers will refrain from giving hands-on assists to students. If you need assistance from a teacher during class, please let them know.
7) We will be investigating ways to offer on-line classes if needed – stay tuned.
I welcome any and all questions, thoughts, & feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You & Be Well!
Owner / Manager
Revolution Community Yoga