March 12, 2020
IMPORTANT: Closing RCY Temporarily
Dear RCY Community,
I have made the gut-wrenching decision to temporarily close RCY as of tonight, Thursday, March 12th, after the last class ends. Plan on the studio being closed through March 31st. We will assess reopening at that time.
I can’t in good conscience provide a space where teachers and students (and those who they come in contact with) are put at risk if they attend a class. We can make all our best efforts to sanitize the studio (and we have!), but we can’t guarantee that will keep anyone safe from this virus. It is my responsibility as the studio owner to take appropriate action that makes our community members’ health the #1 priority.
We will be working diligently to figure out the best way to offer some on-line classes during this temporary closure. Thank you in advance for your patience as we chart new territories, I will be in touch just as soon as the details are ironed out… hopefully in short order!
In the meanwhile, we will of course suspend all monthly auto-renew accounts, and the expiration dates on class packages will be extended appropriately.
Please reach out to me with questions, concerns, or for anything at all.
March 10, 2020
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Information from RCY
1) We will be phasing out the use of *all* studio props over the next week. This includes: Yoga Mats, Blocks, Straps, Blankets, Bolsters, Eye Pillows, etc… from now on until further notice.
2) We recommend you bring to class your own: yoga mat, strap, blocks, a large towel (in lieu of a blanket), a pillow (in lieu of a bolster), and anything else you’d like. We will have some items for sale at the studio, and you can also purchase your owns props at reasonably low costs at places like TJ Maxx, Target, or on line at places like Yoga Direct (https://www.yogadirect.com/)
3) If you are sick with any type or severity of symptom, please do not come in for class. You can read more about COVID-19 symptoms at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html and https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
4) Thoroughly wash/sanitize your hands before and after class, and practice the basic protective measures noted on the World Health Organization web site: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
5) Door knobs and other commonly-touched hard surfaces will be disinfected at least twice daily. We also have a supply of disinfectant sprays, disinfectant wipes, and other cleaners available for use at the studios.
6) Until further notice, teachers will refrain from giving hands-on assists to students. If you need assistance from a teacher during class, please let them know.
7) We will be investigating ways to offer on-line classes if needed – stay tuned.
I welcome any and all questions, thoughts, & feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You & Be Well!
Owner / Manager
Revolution Community Yoga