The Fundamentals of Vinyasa
w/ Kim Blanc
Saturday, Jan. 13th @ 1 – 2:30pm
Early Registration $25 or $35 day of workshop If space available)
An interactive workshop devoted to mindfully breaking down the subtleties of Vinyasa alignment that can truly deepen your practice. This workshop is open to All Levels.
- An informal and interactive class covering breath, alignment, postures and their modifications
- Break down each asana and transition of traditional Sun Salutations
- Take the time to mindfully explore each component in detail
- Receive hands-on adjustments and detailed verbal cuing to assist with form
- Q&A – Please bring your questions and concerns 🙂
- This workshop will NOT serve as your regular Yoga practice for the day – the workshop format allows for discussion, demonstration, and time to get into the details!
Bring a yoga mat (or we have some to borrow), a water bottle, wear comfortable clothes (in layers) to move around in, and bring a journal if you’d like to write anything down.
Kim began practicing yoga in 2009. In 2011, she earned her 200-hour yoga teacher certification from master teacher and author Rolf Gates. She has a strong personal practice which includes both the physical and spiritual components of yoga. Kim believes that anyone can do yoga and that everyone benefits, both physically and mentally, from a consistent practice. She appreciates all styles of yoga, but is mostly drawn to the Ashtanga method, which creates strength and flexibility while cultivating a quiet and peaceful mind. With a strong focus on alignment, Kim’s Vinyasa classes are firmly rooted in the Ashtanga tradition. Kim’s workshops and trainings include time spent with: David Swenson, Rolf Gates, Richard Faulds, Jonathan Faust, Carolyn Sundeen, Jacqui Bonwell, Sharon Saltsberg, Krishna Das and Stephen Cope. Kim is also a Level I & Level II Certified Usui Reiki Practitioner and loves the opportunity she has to help others heal their bodies and minds through the practice of yoga and meditation.
“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” MLK, Jr.
Revolution Community Yoga
537 Massachusetts Avenue
Acton, MA 01720