Online Kids & Tween Yoga
Online Kids’ & Tween Yoga 4-Week Series
Online w/ Laura Grundstrom @ RCY
$60 for the series – $20 drop-in per class
- Develop stronger, more flexible bodies.
- Increase focus & attention span.
- Learn about their bodies.
- Learn relaxation & stress relieving skills.
- Learn about mindfulness in a group setting.
- Tap into their imagination!
How To Join Online:
We will email you a link and password to join the class at least 1 hour before class (email will be sent to the email on your MindBody account) . Use the link to log onto class 5-10 minutes before class start time.
Best Online Security Practices for Revolution Community Yoga’s Live Classes w/ Children
As you know we have chosen the Zoom platform to host our online classes. Like all social media platforms, we must practice and will reinforce safe online practices with your children. To ensure the optimum experience for your children we are taking several precautions in how we host the classes.
- We ask that students sign onto their parent’s Zoom account to join the classes and do not create their own accounts. The child can update the screen name if they like but we recommend they use the family name.
- Cookies on the parent zoom account should be adjusted so that only required Cookies, those necessary for the program to operate, are enabled (Required Cookies / CCPA Opt-Out). This option is located at the very bottom of the zoom.us page (in the tiny print on the copyright line). You should do this before you try and use our Zoom link. It can’t be done when clicking the link, it must be done directly on the Zoom.us website.
- The link to the class with the class meeting ID and password will be sent to the participants at least 1 hour before class begins. The password is a new step for signing into on line classes. We ask that these not be shared or posted on social media.
- When the student signs in they will be prompted for the class meeting ID number and a password to get into the class.
- The student will be asked to wait until the class is ready to begin and then will be automatically entered into the main classroom
- From the main classroom all students will be transferred by the teacher into the virtual classroom. You will need to click a “join breakout room” button that will pop up on the screen. This extra step allows the teachers to ensure that only students are allowed into the class.
- It is the studio policy that we will not record the classes or use the online chat feature, whiteboard, or instant messages so that no data is stored in Zoom’s Cloud. We have also disabled participant screen sharing.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Laura Grundstrom completed her 200 hour adult teacher training certification through Divine Play Yoga where she studied with Claire Este-McDonald and Gregor Singleton. Laura is also grateful to Lorraine Shedoudi, Chanel Luck, and Elizabeth Goranson for all of their support and guidance. Laura realized that her passion continues to be with teaching yoga to children of all ages.
Laura has taught children in many different capacities for the past fifteen years. She began working with Autistic children and then moved into a preschool setting. Laura used her own personal practice to stay grounded and began to use some of that knowledge in the classroom. She began her yearlong 300 hour children’s training in 2007 to become a certified YogaKids teacher and trainer as a way to better support her students in the classroom. It was the perfect way to merge her love for yoga and her passion for teaching kids.
Laura has had the privilege to train with Marsha Wenig the founder of the YogaKids program. The YogaKids philosophy is to educate the “whole” child by blending yoga with reading, music, body awareness and academic skills in a non-competitive environment. Laura strives to incorporate all of these things into each of her classes. Laura has also had the privilege of participating in Ring One of the Circus Yoga training with Erin Maile O’Keefe. There she learned so many new things which bring fun, fresh energy into her classes. Most recently Laura completed the Stretch What Matters, level 1 Training with Elizabeth Goranson. This training took her back to the beginning of her teaching journey where she did private session for children with special needs and their siblings. Yoga is a great, non-competitive, and non-threatening way for these children to connect.
Children have so much to teach us if we just take the time to stop and listen. As a mother of two young girls, Laura works both on and off the mat to find balance, playfulness and of course the bravery to try new things. She is looking forward to teaching your children and sharing with them her passion for yoga and fun!
*Series Payment/Refund Policy: Refunds (full or partial) are not available for series as your full series payment reserves your spot for the entire series, and the teacher is paid for your spot whether you are in attendance or not. Considerations may be made for emergency/sickness.