Sept. 9, 2020
Dear RCY Community,
We are carefully preparing to open the doors to The Loft as of this Sat., Sept. 12th at 9am for a limited schedule of classes with a max of 6 students! There’s a lot of information for us to share with you, so we’ll try to do so as succinctly as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at info@YogaActon.com.
The new schedule as of Sept. 12th can be seen at https://yogaacton.com/class-schedule/.
You will need to be aware that most if not all of the in-person classes will be simultaneously live-streamed and recorded. Only the teacher will be visible on the camera, but since we are also transmitting sound, your voice may be heard if you wish to speak during class.
Please note that we will continue our Outdoor Classes as long as the weather permits, and our robust Online Class Schedule will continue on permanently, with changes made as necessary!
About Our Teachers
- Teachers will perform a health check-in before coming into the studio to teach an in-person class. Their check-in will consist of a temperature check and COVID-19 symptom questionnaire. If a teacher has a temperature above 100.4 fahrenheit, is displaying any COVID-19 systems, or has had close contact with anyone who ha tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, they will not come in to teach the in-person class.
- Teachers will wear a mask and/or face shield for the entire time they are in the Loft with students.
- Teachers will regularly wash/sanitize their hands.
- Teachers will remain on their teacher’s mat as much as possible during the course of the class.
- Teachers will not offer any hands-on assisting.
Registering for Classes
- Online pre-registration and pre-payment for in-person classes is *strictly required*. You can access the schedule at https://yogaacton.com/class-schedule/. Please do not drop-in to see if there is a space available.
- Please be sure to update your contact info and opt-in to receive notifications from the Studio. Also, please have a current credit card on file for any in-studio purchases as we will not be handling cash, checks or credits at the studio.
- Classes are clearly designated in the online schedule:
- As there will be only 6 students allowed per in-studio class, the cancellation window for in-studio classes ends 12 hours before the start of class.
- There will be 2 waitlist spots per in-person class. If you choose to be on the waitlist, and someone cancels, you will automatically be added to the class. If you choose to be on the waitlist, you must assume that you will be added to the class. It will be your responsibility to make sure you are opted-in to receive notifications from MindBody, and that you are checking for them to see if you have made it off the waitlist and into the class. Please try to refrain from adding yourself to many waitlists.
- If you pre-register for an in-person class and do not come to class, we will not be issuing refunds.
Attending Classes In-Person
- PLEASE ARRIVE 10-15 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF CLASS.
- It goes without saying… please do not come to class if you are sick in any way.
- All students are required to wear a mask for the entire time they are in the Loft. Please bring and wear your own mask. If you forget a mask, we will have blue surgical-type masks available for sale for $2 each that you can pay for with a credit card on file. Here are some masks that come highly recommended for practicing yoga in:
- Please be exceptionally mindful of keeping as socially distant from others as possible (indoors and out) for the entirety of your visit to the studio, even when you have a mask on.
- When you arrive at the Loft, please have your mask on. Someone will be stationed outside to take your temperature and ask a quick list of COVID-19 related questions. You will also be asked to sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer we will have available.
- Students will *not* be allowed to enter for class if:
→They have a temperature of 100.4 fahrenheit or higher
→They are displaying any COVID-19-type symptoms
→They have had close contact in the past 14 days with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
→They do not agree to wear a mask.
- As students enter the Loft, please sanitize your hands again with the hand sanitizer that will be to your left as you enter.
- Please remove shoes and leave near the entrance.
- The teacher will assign a mat spot to you (see approximate layout below). The mat spots are numbered in such a way to have the safest flow of entry and exit. You will be able to place your belongings in a small bin in the cubby area with a corresponding number to your mat spot, or you can keep your belongings near your mat.
- If you need to use the bathroom, please do so as soon as you enter.
- There will be small baskets near each mat space with tissues, wipes, hand sanitizer, and spray cleaner for your mat. Please dispose of your trash as you exit the Loft at the end of class.
- Students must bring their own yoga mat and any props they like to use during class. At this time, we will *not* be allowing the use of the studio props. We have props for sale that students can purchase online before class (PURCHASE YOGA PROPS HERE), and then pick-up when they come in for class.
Students must bring their own water as the water cooler will not be available for public use at this time.
- If the situation arises where a student is in need of prolonged coughing, we will ask that they step outside the door while doing so, until the cough has passed. We ask that the student self-assess the cause for the coughing. If the cough seems to be sickness-related, we trust you will gather your things and leave the class for the safety of all present.
- At the end of class, we will need students to refrain from lingering inside. The teacher will dismiss students one-by-one so they can gather their belongings and exit promptly, while being mindful of social distancing. Socially distant conversation and socializing is welcome outside once students have exited the Loft and the Loft stairs!
About The Loft
- We have installed an RGF Environmental Group Inc. Air Purification System directly into the Loft’s HVAC system. This system uses Photohydroionization® (PHI) Technology. Photohydroionization® (PHI) is an advanced oxidation technology developed by RGF Environmental Group to minimize and neutralize indoor air pollutants such as bacteria, viruses, mold, gases (VOCs) and odors. You can read more about it at https://www.rgf.com/phi/. We were not prepared to open The Loft until this system was installed. The installation took place on August 21, 2020.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various areas throughout the space.
The Loft will be carefully and appropriately cleaned and sanitized each morning, and after each class by RCY Staff. Strict cleaning schedules and protocols will be followed (details on specific reopening guidelines for fitness clubs in Mass. – which is how RCY is categorized – can be found at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/safety-standards-and-checklist-fitness-centers-and-health-clubs.)
- Weather permitting, windows will be open during class. Ceiling fans will *not* be in use.
- In the event of a positive COVID-19 case of a worker, customer or vendor who spent significant time in the Loft, we will pause indoor classes and wait 24 hours before cleaning and disinfecting in accordance with current CDC guidance. We will notify the Acton Board of Health (BOH) and assist the BOH as reasonably requested to advise likely contacts to isolate and self-quarantine.
We waited much longer than was needed to reopen. We felt this was imperative in order to see how the overall Massachusetts reopening would unfold and trend throughout the state after the beginning of Phase 3 on July 6th. From all accounts, data has remained more or less stable. You can read more about Massachusetts COVID-19 information at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-updates-and-information.
As we embark upon reopening, we urge you to reach out to us with any questions, concerns, or comments. Please email Jenny Meshna, RCY’s Assistant Studio Manager, at info@YogaActon.com or call and leave a message at 978-274-5596, and we will be sure to get back to you.
Thank you for your patience and support during this very challenging time.
The RCY Reopening Team:
Kyra Marino, Owner/Manager
Jenny Meshna, Assistant Studio Manager
Lia Romani, In-Studio Reopening Plan Manager
Jen Olsen, Operations Manager
Revolution Community Yoga