Teaching at RCY
We are seeking Yoga Teachers for RCY’s sub list:
Revolution Community Yoga in Acton, MA is looking for experienced Yoga Teachers to be added to our sub list for in-studio/in-person teaching when subs are needed. At least 2+ years active teaching experience preferred. Safety is our first priority, and teachers need to consistently offer thoughtful modifications throughout all classes. Consent is needed every time you use hands-on with students, and we have Flip Chips in studio to help reinforce this important practice. We are looking for teachers who are rooted in Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga and the Yoga Sutras, and whose yoga practice goes beyond just the physical postures. Please be comfortable teaching one or more of these asana styles: Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin, Restorative, Gentle. Our studio is very mindful of actively honoring the roots of yoga, and avoiding cultural appropriation and “trendy” yoga. We have a welcoming, inclusive community, and subs have the opportunity earn a class on the regular schedule when there are openings. BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and all body sizes are encouraged to apply. Please email your application materials to email@example.com – thank you.
We would like to receive these items from you in your initial email:
- The name of your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training School (does not need to be Yoga Alliance affiliated)
- A link to a sample video of you teaching (if available)
- Teaching Experience Resume
- Brief bio
- Your thoughts on the following questions:
- What are your thoughts on the notion of decolonizing yoga, and honoring the roots of yoga?
- How are you mindful to do so in your teaching and personal practices?
We are working on increasing inclusivity and accessibility and do welcome any offerings for workshops/series geared towards diverse or marginalized groups. Please contact Jenny at info@YogaActon.com.
It is recommended that teachers interested in teaching at RCY take a class here (if possible) to see how the studio feels as a fit.
Here is the full list of requirements in order to be eligible to teach/sub at RCY – forms will be emailed to you prior to 1st meeting:
- Full & successful completion of, at minimum, a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Completion of an RCY Teacher or Sub Agreement Form
- CPR Certification (documentation required)
- Current Certificate of Liability Insurance
- W9 Form
- Direct Pay Authorization Form
- You must be able to check-in classes on your own w/ the MindBody system. If you are not familiar with this system, you will need to get a quick training on it before you are able to teach.