The Art of Self-Care
The Art of Self-Care
w/ Amy Yapp in the RCY Loft (2nd floor above Twin Seafood at 541 Mass. Ave., Acton, MA – enter at side staircase)
Sunday, October 1st @ 1 – 3pm
$35 Early Registration / $45 day of workshop
When self-care feels rooted in the present and evolves along with the rest of your life, your body, mind, and spirit respond.
Join Amy for a deep dive into what it means to develop a self-care practice that works for your lifestyle and doesn’t feel like another thing on the to-do list! Beginning with a therapeutic yoga practice using the Coregeous ball to help your nervous system unwind and find calm, we will allow time for both exploration and discovery.
We will end with a Yoga Nidra practice (Rest and Relaxation Sleep Meditation) to invite more of what is already working in your life and quiet what isn’t.
If you would like to pay more attention to your self-care and develop a living, breathing practice that is both rooted and ever-changing…and as unique as you are…join us!
This workshop is for you if…
- You know self-care is important, but you struggle with making it “stick”.
- You are intrigued by self-care but the term itself sometimes frustrates you!
- You practice self-care, but it often feels like either a chore or an indulgence.
- You want to explore simple, effective ways to embrace a self-care system that meets the demands of your roles and responsibilities.
- You already embrace self-care, and you are looking for ways to refine and refresh.
- You feel on the verge of burning out and want to prevent it.
- You are ready to explore ways to refine and evolve a self-care practice that feels authentic and exciting!
Feel free to bring a journal if you wish.
When Amy first tried a yoga class as a busy school teacher many years ago, she decided it “wasn’t for her”. Ten years later and recovering from some serious health challenges, she decided to give yoga another try. When she walked away standing taller and breathing better, she knew she had found something integral to her healing and to her future.
A born teacher, Amy couldn’t help sharing what she had experienced with others and began teaching yoga in 2003. Amy completed her 200-hour teacher training with Johnny Gillespie of Empowered Yoga. She has studied myofascial release with David Vendetti and became certified in The Roll Model Method in 2017.
Most recently, Amy completed the three year IAYT Yoga Therapy Program with Susi Hately and became an accredited Yoga Therapist. As part of this program Amy studied with Ann Douglas and became certified in a form of Yoga Nidra called Rest and Revitalization Sleep Meditation. Amy is a certified Reiki practitioner and teaches yoga and meditation in both group and 1:1 settings.
Amy is passionate about helping people find their own unique path to wellness. Always focused on healing and prevention, she empowers her students to go at their own pace and listen to their inner voice. Fun and connection are at the heart of every class!