A good community is built on respect, trust and mindfulness.
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment by moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, actions, bodily sensations and surrounding environment. A mindful practice can bring benefits such as boosted memory, stress reduction, greater focus, and sounder sleep, just to name a few. At Revolution Community Yoga, we encourage you to slow down, find some peace and take a purposeful look at how you are being when doing what it is you’re doing both on and off your mat. So not only are you enhancing your own personal state, you are supporting the entire RCY community by maintaining a clean, safe and welcoming space for all.
Studio mindfulness reminders:
- Please try to arrive on time or even a few minutes early allowing yourself a moment to get comfortably settled.
- Please be present when entering the studio, keeping voices at a low volume as another class might be going on and/or others may have already begun to get centered.
- Please double check that your phone is on silent.
- Please leave shoes at the door before checking in at front desk.
- Please be aware of those who enter the space after you. Making room for others to put their mat down if necessary.
- Please clean and return all props as you found them. (Especially during cold and flu season.)
- Please dispose of trash accordingly, no liquid left in cups, recyclables in recycling bin etc.
- Please double check that you have everything with you that you brought to the studio. Clothing, mats, water bottles etc.
We want you to consider RCY a place to come and practice true mindfulness. Allowing yourself to fully be in the moment, aware of the impact you’re making on yourself and your community.